Thursday, July 22

Review ~*~ Heartless by Diana Palmer



Mass Market Paperback: 304 pages
Publisher: HQN Books; reprint Edition edition (April 27, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0373774508

This is the first Diana Palmer book I've read. I've read many, many reviews of her copious amounts of books. I've bought a bunch used and was given a few as gifts.
As I've mentioned before I love cowboys. Jason was certainly an interesting cowboy. He had a ranch that he ran as well as buying companies. Gracie is his younger step-sister who lives at his city house where she does the gardening and helps plan his extravagant parties. She has a terrible family secret that she has never told Jason before.

I really liked both Jason and Gracie as characters. However, it was a bit disturbing to me that they were stepbrother and sister. Jason even helped raise Gracie when his dad passed away. I just don't get how a man can be a father figure to this girl and then suddenly turn that off and be in love with her.

This is the first book in a long time that I didn't absolutely love. The mystery was well written. The sex scenes were much more than I expected. I heard she wrote love scenes that were very close doored like Debbie Macomber but they weren't close doored at all. I liked the sex scenes but felt dirty when I thought about the fact that they were raised as brother and sister.

I also didn't like that Gracie was so down on herself and her abilities even after so many of her friends told her otherwise.

I gave this book out of 5 but it still had some elements that I like if I could forget the fact that they were raised as step-siblings.

No comments: