Wednesday, August 18

Review~*~ Sister of the Bride by Susan Mallery



Sister of the bride is a short Novella in the Anthology Summer Brides. It also has novellas by Susan Wiggs and Sherryl Woods. I was skeptical that two people could fall in love in 99 pages but it happened beautifully.

With Mallery's usual wit and charm Katie and Jackson have a whirlwind romance. Jackson is Katie's date to her sister's wedding. Both Jackson and Katie's mothers forced them to go together. Katie's sister was marrying Katie's ex-boyfriend and her mother didn't want Katie going to the wedding alone. Katie's family members were very worried about the fact that Katie was still single being the older sister. Hilarity and family squabbles ensue with Jackson taking it all in stride.

Jackson and Katie met when they were younger. Jackson was going by his first name of Howie and Katie thought he was a big geek. Jackson thought that Katie hated him. Their first meeting did not go over so well. When they get reacquainted at the hotel sparks fly. The novella brings them together and has them falling in love in the midst of the disaster that is Katie's sister's wedding. Her sister is spoiled and wants everything just right. Katie in the end gets what she deserves in Jackson.

I loved this novella. I was hoping to meet my own Jackson. I love geeky guys that know how to treat a lady right. I give the novella 5 out of babies.

2 comments:

Amy J said...

I love Susan Mallery and her books! Have you read her Bakery Sisters and Buchanan series yet? They were just as amazing!

She is a wonderful author to talk too as well! She almost always will leave a comment on your posted review if you let her know it is on there!

She is so sweet! Great review!!

We HEART reading said...

I've read the Bakery Sisters! I loved that series. I need to get the Buchanan series.
I adore Susan Mallery. She's very down to earth.