Wednesday, June 2

Virgin River

Photobucket

I had never heard of this author before, but Aubrey recommended her highly. She also had amazing things to say about this series, so I figured I would give it a shot. Virgin River is a small little town in the boonies in Utah.

The book follows Mel, an emergency room nurse/ midwife from L.A. that moves to Virgin River. Her husband had recently been murdered and she needed a change to help her grieve properly. When she finally gets to the town, it is not what she expected at all. The house is in poor condition, and she makes up her mind that she will go back home the next day. As she is getting ready to leave, an abandoned baby is found, and she decides to stay to care for the baby. As Mel starts getting more and more attached to Virgin River and it's residents, the reader is getting attached as well.

The characters are loveable right off the bat. My heart breaks for Mel throughout the whole book. When she talks about her husbands death and when she makes some important realizations. The characters are very developed, and they just seem so real. The book kept me drawn in because the characters were so loveable and so well developed. The ending was so good, and it was just right.

I would give this book a Photobucket. I definitely cannot wait to read the rest of the series, and I definitely recommend it to everyone!

Photobucket

No comments: