Monday, May 17

Monday Musings (2)



Musing Mondays is a weekly event hosted by Just One More Page... Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post:


Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about movies based on books…

What happens when you see a movie based on a book/story, especially one you’ve not read? Do you feel the need to track it down and read it?

I cannot watch a movie first. I don't know how anyone can. Books make me see things differently. I would not be able to watch the movie first then read the book. I ALWAYS read first; watch later. I still haven't watched Lord of the Rings for this exact reason even though I can't ever get through The Hobbit; let alone the other books.

One movie that I watched and found out later there was a movie about it was What's Eating Gilbert Grape. The movie was fantastic but the book was even better. Whenever I see a preview of a movie I would want to see; I always google to see if the screenplay is after a book which it often is. I do tend to track the book down and read it before seeing the movie. I don't know what that says about me at all. OCD, maybe? Or, maybe, just the biggest nerd alive!!!

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your opinion in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks.

2 comments:

Krystal said...

I am the opposite.
I have to watch a movie first before the book. If I read a book and than watch the movie I can't enjoy the movie for what it is. I tend to pick on all the mistakes or things they change in the movie.

It is for this exact reason I can't watch the Seeker. It is a t/v series based on my fav book series and it poises me off to no end.

Book Lover said...

If I see a book that is coming out as I movie, I run out and buy the book then go see the movie. We do this a lot for our book club.

I usually get cranky because the movie usually isn't as good as the book. :)