Sunday, May 2

Burned

Photobucket

I am obsessed with P.C Cast's House of Night series. I have read all six other books and have loved every minute of them. I was anticipating the release of Burned for months. I rushed out the day it came out to purchase it and started it right away.

The book started off where Tempted left off, Heath dead and Zoey's soul shattered. No one knows whether they can save her or if she is doomed to stay in the Otherworld forever. Burned also switched perspectives like Tempted did as well. I actually like that because it allows you to get into other characters heads besides Zoey.

I was disappointed from the beginning. I felt it started off slow, and I kept hoping for something to change and the action to pick up. I also found the characters were different. A lot of my favourites became unbearably whiny. I went from loving Stevie Rae as a female lead to dispising every move she made. Stark also lost a lot of my respect. The ending was a let down for me, as the action never picked up.

I also think the author tried to hard to make it 'teeny' as there was an overload of swearing. Aphrodite's vocabulary in this book seemed to consist or swear words. I felt it could have done without the majority of it. I would give this book a Photobucket. I wouldn't go as low as 2 because I still love House of Night. I found this book to be a major filler. While it had plots, it never got the overall plot to move at all. This whole book could have never been written, and I don't think it would have made a difference in all honesty.

Photobucket

No comments: