Tuesday, May 18

Review~*~ Bad Attitude by Sherrilyn Kenyon


Mass Market Paperback: 359 pages
Publisher: Pocket (June 27, 2006)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1416520295
ISBN-13: 978-1416520290

Bought this book on a whim and I'm so glad I did. I have read all of her novels under the pen name of Kinley MacGregor and loved them. They are some of my favourite historical Scottish fiction. I have started really enjoying books about uber strong alpha males in a romantic suspense setting. I don't know if its because my spouse looks like an alpha male but is so not an alpha male or if its just my preferences changing as I get older.

Bad Attitude is the first in a series about agents from The Bureau of American Defense. Sydney Westbrook is the main character. She is a kick butt, no nonsense BAD agent who needs help from sniper J.D. Steele. Both have guards up and both do not want to be in a long term relationship till they find each other.

The novel is all about Steele and Sydney needing to kill an assassin. Along the way Steele gets shot at a few times and knifed as well. The storyline was well thought out and fast paced which left me wanting to read more and find out what happens next. The fact that Steele was the strong, silent and gorgeous type helped too!

The book was a tad bit unbelievable in parts but overall was a very good read. Gator Jack was one of my favourite characters with all his crazy notions. The secondary characters could have had a bit more background given but we were still given enough information for us to understand what is happening. However, as a reader you didn't receive hints or clues about it actually being a series.

I would recommend this book to all those you enjoy Suzanne Brockmann, Cindy Gerard, Dee Davis, Christy Reece etc. I give it 4 out of 5 babies because of the slight plot problems and need for more characterization.

No comments: