Tuesday, May 25

Not My Daughter

Photobucket

This is Barbara Delinsky's newest book. I had heard that it was pretty good, so I figured I would give it a chance. The book follows Susan, a high school principal and her 17 year old daughter Lily. You find out almost right away into the book that Lily and her 2 best friends created a pregnancy pact and all were pregnant.

Drama unfolds as Lily is the first friend outed for being pregnant. Susan receives a lot of heat not only because she is the high school principal, but because she got pregnant with Lily at 17.

I thought with the plot and the potential storyline set up it would be a sure hit. I was excited, and thought that she could go many different ways with it. But it started getting really repetitive and boring. I had to force myself through it. Even once the other girl's pregnancies became known, it kept only repeating the same problems and the same responses.

The ending was mediocre. I thought that she could have taken the book in a totally different way, and I was very disappointed overall. I would give this book a Photobucket. I just really didn't like the direction she went.

Photobucket

No comments: