Monday, April 12

Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs



Published:March 31, 2009
Publisher:Simon & Schuster
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
ISBN - 10:1416589422
ISBN - 13:9781416589426

I've heard about this book from all over the place. I have heard nothing but good things, and it fit in for one of my challenges, so I picked it up. I found it to be a very easy read personally. It had a very quick storyline and everything flowed really well.

The book follows Jane Jameson. She is a recently fired librarian. The only thing she really had going for her was her job. As a result, she went out and got drunk, which is where she meets Gabiel Nightengale. Jane leaves, and is mistaken for a deer by a drunken hunter and left for dead. Gabriel, who is a vampire, finds her and to save her life changes her to a vampire.

Her first day as a vampire she realizes that she can see her dead aunt's ghost, and she attacks her best friend. As the story unfolds, you realize someone has it out to get her. As things start to get more dangerous for Jane, things start heating up with Gabriel. I think for a vampire book that the sex scene took to long to show up.

The dialogue with her family is priceless and the only amusing part of the book.
Ultimatly the plot was pretty basic, but if it was able to catch you it was amusing. I enjoyed it, and I will read the sequel.

I would rate it Photobucket.

If easy read vampire books are you thing, I would say pick it up for sure.

2 comments:

Book of Secrets said...

I'd agree with your three-star review. I read this book last year and thought it was okay. It had many similar elements to the Sookie Stackhouse books, like the fake blood and vamps living "out" in society. I guess I just enjoyed the Sookie books more!

We HEART reading said...

I totally agree that its a lot like Sookie Stackhouse. It was a fun read. I didn't go and rush out to get the other books like I did for the Sookie books. It was a light read.
Aubrey