Friday, April 16

Percy Jackson and The Olympians: The Lightning Thief

Photobucket
Publisher:Random House Audio Publishing Group
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
ISBN - 10:0307245306
ISBN - 13:9780307245304


I had never heard of this book series until the movie came out earlier this year. When I saw the previews I knocked it as a juvenile book and never thought anything else about it. But then I have been hearing things about this book, about how great it was, from people of all ages. I even heard it compared to Harry Potter, I had to check it out.

I was hooked from the first chapter. The book follows Percy Jackson, a 12 year old boy who hasn't had a typical life. It turns out he is a half blood. Half human and half God. It turns out that all the Greek Mythology creatures and Gods are alive, and most of them have children. He finds himself at a camp and makes some close friends.

But it turns out a war is brewing on Olympus. Zeus' main thunderbolt is missing, and Percy is the suspect. He sets off on a quest with 2 of his friends to find the thunderbolt and return it to Zeus before a major war erupts. Oh and he only has 10 days to do it.

Every chapter it seems like a different challenge awaits them. I was glued to the pages. Anyone who liked Harry Potter will love it, and anyone who is interested in Greek Mythology will love it as well. I definitely recommend it, and can't wait to read the next book in the series. I give it Photobucket

No comments: